Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Wide not super wide

  1. #1
    Inactive Member darrenrobertsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2005
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently bought a Nizo 801 Macro because of the possibility of attaching a wide lens or at least that was my understanding. Can anyone recommend an attachment that gives me wide angle possibilities without going super wide and getting that fishbowl effect. Basically I need to get the whole length of a dining table and the back wall in shot and I am just a few feet to close to the subject. Due to the size of the room I cannot get further back. So I need something wider but not super wide. Can anyone advise me please?

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ December 18, 2005 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Boris1971 ]</font></font>

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 18, 2005 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Boris1971 ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member megalith6's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2004
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    hi Boris, tried here?

    http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Boris1971:
    I recently bought a Nizo 801 Macro because of the possibility of attaching a wide lens or at least that was my understanding. Can anyone recommend an attachment that gives me wide angle possibilities without going super wide and getting that fishbowl effect. Basically I need to get the whole length of a dining table and the back wall in shot and I am just a few feet to close to the subject. Due to the size of the room I cannot get further back. So I need something wider but not super wide. Can anyone advise me please?

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ December 18, 2005 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Boris1971 ]</font></font>

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ December 18, 2005 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Boris1971 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You need the UWL III made by Schneider.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Drummist's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's right, cameraguy. The full name is : "Schneider-Kreuznach Superwide Lens Aspheric III." It's a little-known-fact that this wide adapter will work on a macro lens with either a 62mm or a 67mm filter size. It pops up on Ebay frequently. It's a great adapter. Boris 1971,it will reduce the 7mm wide end of your NIZO 801 Macro to about 3mm. This would be the equivalent of a 12mm lens in 35mm photography. Good luck.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member etimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2005
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Has anyone ever used the Canon C-8 Wide attachment lens on the Nizo? This is the one you use on the 814XL-S/1014XL-S and has a thread of 67mm. I use it on my 814XL-S with the step down ring.

    Tim

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Drummist's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Yes ETIMH. The Canon C-8 wide adapter is a very fine lens adapter. I once had one for use on my Nizo 6080. It's made of glass, whereas the Schneider...Aspheric III is made of plastic. The optical quality of both adapters is about equal, though. The only reason why I switched to the Schneider was because the Nizo 6080 has a very handy click-stop in the Macro range of the lens entitled UWL where the Schneider adapter is in perfect focus. Also, for use on the Nizo 801 Macro, the 62/67mm threads come in very handy. ( The 801 Macro does not have the UWL click-stop, however. )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •